This might be a long one, as I haven't posted in a week. Time flies! Last weekend was an exciting one.
Some of my girlfriends (sorority sisters, Jenna, Laura, Kiera, and Christina+fiance Matt) visited randomly, which I have to add....is the best way! Yay for spontaneous fun! Friday we went out, but I had Marc pick me up from the brewery around 10:00 pm so I wasn't out that long.

Me, Kiera, and Jenna
That doesn't mean I didn't have fun in those 5 hours I was out and about. While out, Laura,
Kiera and I played a little game I'm going to call..."what I like about you: a self esteem boosting exercise". Jenna couldn't play because she can't take things like that seriously, and resorted to sarcasm when we tried to reel her in. Anyways, we each said 3 things we like about each other, and 3 things we like about ourselves. I think people around us were making fun of us, but whatever. They're just jealous no one took time out of their day to give them about 9 compliments(Myriah, another of my sisters, added in to the game later)! I love my friends.
Kiera and I played a little game I'm going to call..."what I like about you: a self esteem boosting exercise". Jenna couldn't play because she can't take things like that seriously, and resorted to sarcasm when we tried to reel her in. Anyways, we each said 3 things we like about each other, and 3 things we like about ourselves. I think people around us were making fun of us, but whatever. They're just jealous no one took time out of their day to give them about 9 compliments(Myriah, another of my sisters, added in to the game later)! I love my friends.
So, like I said, we went to the KBC, where I ran into an old friend of mine, Bryan Allen. I was so surprised to see him. What fun.
Classic Kiera pose
<----Group shot
It was a tight squeeze for dinner Sat. night. Marc, his mom (Sue), dad (Jim), sister (Amy) and her husband (Packi, nickname for Patrick), and I (count em 6) went to the Ambassador for dinner. If you've never been there, they have these booths which fit 4 people nicely. It was so busy, there were no big tables available. Well, so there we were, the 6 of us, like sardines in a booth:) Now THAT is family bonding. It was very good of Sue to get that table though otherwise we wouldn't have been eating for hours.
After that, Amy, Packi and Marc dropped me off at the sorority house. A little background info: the sorority house is supposed to be dry because they're on probation for violating the alcohol policy last fall. Due to all of our alumni status' (whaddareyougoingtodoaboudit?) we chose to break said dry house rule. Bew hew, a little fun just like old times. Eventually we left, and began our evening of careless behavior elsewhere.

<---Laura and Kiera behaving suspiciously in the sorority kitchen
Fun fact!!! I found out how my dad proposed to my mom. He didn't...what a romantic guy, huh? Mom and dad you're the cutest!
Sunday was a splendid day as well. Marc and I just hung out all day, washed his car for our upcoming trip to the Chicago area, and played some golf with Packi and Amy. I have to announce: I kicked butt driving the ball. Marc was impressed:) Maybe someday I'll out-play him, lol.
My weekend was too much fun. It was nice of Marc to let me ditch him most of the weekend. He understands that 99% of the time I don't have any friends here, which means I spend my time with him, so one weekend of behaving childlishly with my friends won't hurt. Thanks to all of you girls who visited. I will start planning my trips to see you guys soon!
My weekend was too much fun. It was nice of Marc to let me ditch him most of the weekend. He understands that 99% of the time I don't have any friends here, which means I spend my time with him, so one weekend of behaving childlishly with my friends won't hurt. Thanks to all of you girls who visited. I will start planning my trips to see you guys soon!

Me and my little sister, Jenna

2 comments:
Sounds like fun! These are the sorts of events I miss out on because I'm so far away :(
I Love the pic of Laura and Kiera!
Post a Comment