Lilypie

January 29, 2008

My boo-boo

I was bored at work today and needed a distraction so I decided to update you about my leg. This was prompted by the itching and burning sensation resulting from the rash that bandaids have caused: I am allergic to bandaids. Awesome. Even the ones designed for sensitive skin.

So, saturday I was being my klutzy self and backed into some metal picture frames I had resting outside of my bathroom. The frame quickly zipped down my leg leaving a nice long bleeding cut. I had 5 minutes until I needed to leave for a haircut so I patched myself up with not 1 BUT 8 bandaids in addition to the one on my surgery area. More rashiness.

Anyways....the healing process is slow because I can't cover it the way the doctor recommends. It's getting there. Not the thin scar I was told I would have...but oh well. I have a story to tell. Hope the picture is not too graphic for you!



p.s. I don't normally wear tennis shoes to work, but today I need the traction. It was 40 degrees overnight and will be 4 degrees today so the puddles outside will turn to an ice rink! Oh, and I suppose tomorrow Marc will be home making me lunch and dinner because we are going to have a blizzard tonight!!!

No comments: