Sorry I haven't posted in a while, there is just nothing really new going on. Just a few random wedding things, which is boring to most of you anyways but I'll touch on that. And it's sort of exciting to me - a lot of our snow melted! Like many places we've had warmer than usual temperatures this week and things are icy but a large amount of snow is gone:) This annoys all the winter-lovers around here, but makes me smile in the meantime. I know we'll get pounded with snow for the next 3 months so I just think of melting now as less to melt come spring:)
We're going to book our honeymoon sometime soon, hopefully, prices seem to be holding steady at "too expensive" so I am avoiding the pain when that hits my bank account.
Last weekend Marc's mom and I went to Marquette to go to a bridal expo. It was fun, they used my dress in the fashion show and we got to taste some yummy wedding cake. We picked out what the guys will wear and I got a lot of ribbon and paper at the big craft store. I found a jeweler that offers 45% of plain and engraved wedding bands until Feb 14th, so I intend to at least get Marc's through them. I CAN'T STAND the jeweler he got my engagement ring from, he's creepy and I think he ripped us off, so we won't be purchasing the matching band from him for my ring. I have a few months to figure out what I like elsewhere. This month my to do list consists of:
- traveling back to Marquette one weekend to pick out invitations and finalize my choices for the tuxes
- figure out what my ladies are wearing
- getting Marc to pick out his ring at the new jeweler so we can get it cheap!
- meet with my banquet manager to finalize the dinner choices
- AND make an appointment with a florist to get going on my floral order.
It's a long list, I'm putting things off for right now:) What's nice is how willing Marc is to go to Marquette on the weekends. I drop him off at his brother's, they watch football or go snowshoeing, and I get my wedding business done. Perfect!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment