That is what the sun is doing today. I am going to get some fresh air soon...going to take a walk. For the past few weekends I've gotten out at least once for this purpose, and I'm loving it, even though the temperatures are still bordering on frigid. The optimist inside of me thinks that spring is here, but in reality, it is likely that we will get one more major snow storm before the second week of April.
My absence for the last month isn't something I'm going to begin to apologize for :)
Most of the winter we were bantering back and forth about starting to look for a house or settling on getting an apartment for another year. At one time or another, both sets of our parents agreed with me that we were doing the right thing but putting house purchasing on hold, mainly because we would be taking on too much with trying to plan our wedding and buy a house at the same time. Plus, that would really stretch us financially to put a downpayment on a house at the same time that we were paying for our wedding. I still believe that is the case.
However, Marc seems to have won this battle. He REALLY is motivated for a house. He can't stand living in an apartment setting, and essentially stonewalled me into finding a house, he simply will not discuss renting. Although I am still unconvinced that we should live in this area, he has had me house and mortgage hunting for the past month. We've seen just about every house that is listed in the area in our price range, and seen 3 bankers in our "mortgage shopping". This is something I could have done without, but now that we're knee deep I guess there's no turning back. We haven't come close to finding something we both like, but we believe it will happen.
As far as wedding planning is going...WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME?!? I can't seem to get anything planned or finished completely. It's so unlike me to be such a slacker. There are so many loose ends....but I'm so in over my head with all these things going on I feel like I may have an excuse.
Marc's 26th birthday is Tuesday. He, like most Packer fans right now, is coveting those silly sideline beanies the players wear. They are sold out and in his words "impossible to get". Hm. Impossible shimossible. While I don't advocate any Packer-wear, and actually Packer-wear makes me gag a little (I'm sorry if this offends anyone, it's the truth, I am anti-Packer), it seemed to mean a lot to him that he have one and be allowed to mourn the retirement of Brett Farve. So, I went on Ebay and bid on one. The auction wasn't ending for a few days, so I went back to check on it, see that I've been outbid, and re-bid. The genius in me accidentially bid on TWO DIFFERENT HATS. And won them both. Son of a.....
Now, I own 2 of those damn hats. To the tune of $25 each.
I think he will be pleasantly surprised with his birthday gift. I got a little worried when he said something like "maybe I should go on ebay and get myself one of those Packer beanies". GOD FORBID.
On a similar note, we have also been discussing getting a puppy if we get a house. We're set on a Springer Spaniel. With the help of my dad we hope to find the perfect puppy. The name has been a point of contention. Marc thinks that if I picked the dog, he gets to pick the name. In Marc's book, no dog should be named anything but something related to sports. He has suggested:
Lambeau
Farve
Over my dead body. My skin crawled when I just typed that. There will be some sort of new compromise. The dog will have a name that won't make me vomit in my mouth when I say it.
And that my friends, is really all there is to the past 30+ days of my life. There's plenty to look forward to, though.
March 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am not sure if you are planning on a lot of kids at your wedding or not, but if you are here is an idea that I WISH I would have done: have a separate "toss" for the kids. I had a girl I hardley knew (4 year old daughter of my parents friends who was not even invited - ugh!) catch my bouquet...I was not very happy. Then I read an article about doing a teddy bear toss with a little bride bear and groom bear.
Just a thought! Hope the planning is going well :)
Post a Comment