Lilypie

April 17, 2008

We're Homeowners!!!!

The delay in posting for the last month was twofold: I was out of town for 2 weeks for work, and we have been in a whirlwind of craziness in home buying.


While I was away for work a house was put on the market in the same subdivision in which we had been considering making an offer on another house. We waited a whole week to see it because I was gone, but on Monday night after we saw our house we knew THIS WAS IT! It is a little 1200 sq ft. ranch, but offers so much for the price, and is in a up and coming area.


There was competition from another buyer, hopefully indicating that the house will also be attractive to buyers when we re-sell (not for MANY years). Most houses around here aren't selling for years and at substantially less than list price...ours was sold in 9 days!!! We out-bid the other buyer by $300 with the help of our agent, who suggested we change our bid to say we would pay $300 more than any other offer up to "X" amount. We also believe that the little letter I wrote the seller explaining why we loved the house so much and how we promised to take good care of it(which brought her to tears) pushed things in our favor. I can't help feeling slightly sorry for the other buyer knowing that they lost the house by $300, but this house really was meant for US!



As long as the place passes inspection and nothing goes wrong with our financing, we'll soon be the owners of 2103 Hunters Lane:) We are beyond excited!!!!


So, here are a few pictures. We close on June 13th (AHHH 15 days before our wedding!!!), because the seller is a teacher and she wants a week after school gets out to move. Sure to be a stressfull couple of weeks, but what can you do when the dice just fall that way?? These next two months will be torturous, but I'm sure worth it!




No comments: