I wish I could say I have been posting enough to use a title other than "update" because I am just so either lame or busy that I can't seem to post on a regular basis.
On the home front (getting so excited about moving), things have been going pretty well. Loan is approved. Our physical home inspection went well, but we have a little radon problem in the house. However, our sellers are saints and were so appalled that their builder never suggested radon testing that they insisted on paying for a mitigation system to be installed for us. Lucky us, the estimate for the system is $2,000! So, I'm happy to report that I don't have to think about that for one second, the system is supposed to be installed sometime "soon". We are so lucky to have such a great house, and the inspector and our dads (ultimate critics) agree that we bought a great home! :) COME VISIT!!!
We have started purchasing furniture that we don't have yet: kitchen table and occasional tables. We will probably get Marc's la-z-boy from his parents as a gift, and my mom would like to get us this cute little curio cabinet that we found. I'm pretty excited about the kitchen table we found, it is unique and beautiful...although the spending monster in me had a hard time passing up the cute matching buffet so we spent quite a bit more than planned. The occasional tables will probably have to wait. Those are so expensive!!! And I want to wait to see what the house looks like with the furniture we do have. I am so beyond awed that we finally will have a home:) It's such a big-kid step I didn't realize I would ACTUALLY take, or have the means to take.
Wedding things are starting to weigh heavily on me. I have had at least 5 dreams in the past few months where it is our wedding day and NOTHING is done. Marc is nowhere to be found, the place isn't decorated, no food is cooked, my bridesmaids are off taking shots and laughing, guests wandering around, and I can't find my dress while I run around barking orders at my mom to "do something!!". what. a. nightmare - will never come true, but still scary.
But, the $$ and time flying out the door in June is what mostly gives me heartburn, I'm hoping it won't be as painful as I anticipate. I just can't believe how fast May will fly by: 2 bridal showers, a bachelorette party, and some birthdays (mine included), Marc starts golf tournaments. Then it will be June, I will stress out that the girls' dresses don't fit or arrive, we close on our house and move, throw Amy a baby shower the weekend before our wedding, and before I get a chance to blink...it will be June 28th!!! That immediate honeymoon was money well spent!!! all I can say is that we are so thankful to have everyone helping us through this.
Wait, I think I just mentioned something for the first time: Marc's sister Amy and her husband Patrick are going to be welcoming a baby into the family in August - August 17th! This is great news for them and we're excited to be aunt/uncle to little baby Aldrich. We found out at Christmas, but Amy wanted it to be a secret for a while until they knew *for sure* and I guess i've forgotten to share that. I'm excited that Marc gets to change diapers and hold a crying baby (actually he admits he has never held a baby) for the first time with someone else's child:) He will need much breaking in before we EVER take that step.
We aren't even ready for a dog.
Take care everyone, will update more when I can!! Enjoy spring weather wherever you are:)

1 comment:
Hi there! Sounds like you're a busy girl! The first time Rob ever held a baby was when Justin was about 1 minute old. They learn fast :)
Post a Comment