Wow, it's hard to believe it has been since August that I've updated this blog! I think what happened is at the end of August I started to freak out about going back to work and spent (literally) every possible second with Eli. Then I went back to work, and it is definitely harder to find a spare moment than it was before. I will put this right out there: I would rather be poor, sell our house, never shop, etc. if I could stay home with my Eli. Sometimes I get really into work and like being there, but all day long I crave being with Eli. I really miss maternity leave, it was truly the most blessed 12 weeks of my life so far!
I went back to work on September 8th, it was the saddest day ever! I cried for about 4 hours straight at work, and then spent the next 4 looking at the clock. Drop off was really hard, it was busy at the daycare and I just didn't want to leave him. I think that a mother's intuition kicked in because I just felt like something wasn't right with leaving him there. I knew it was supposed to be hard on me, but I couldn't shake this gut feeling that I NEEDED to get him out of there. As it turns out, after 2.5 days the provider told me that it wasn't working out (for her), and that I would probably need to find a new place. This was actually a relief to me, for some reason, because I just needed greater peace of mind about leaving him with someone. I needed a situation where I knew he got a lot of attention and cuddling, because that is what I could give him if I was home. Thankfully, we found just the place right away and Eli is doing so much better!
Over the past month or so since last posting Eli has gone through a huge growth spurt. He went from sleeping through the night to waking up hungry several times a night. I would bring him to bed and nurse as much as he wanted. It took a few weeks, but I think his growth spurt is over and he's sleeping well again. Thank goodness, I was starting to get that tired at 8am feeling I remember somewhat hazily from that first month.
As far as what Eli is up to....he's grabbing everything and putting anything he can find in his mouth! He is getting really strong and is starting to want to roll onto his sides (but not over yet). He probably doesn't get as much tummy time as he should, but a few minutes here and there is working and he's improving a lot on his ability to hold his head up. He wants to sit up and watch everything, he's just not content with laying around unless he's got toys in his hands and can roll to the side to watch whatever is going on. He jabbers, squeals, blows bubbles, and this morning Marc informed me (while I was in the shower) that he giggled!!! I can't wait to hear his laugh, I hope he does it again sometime soon!
Some other likes:
I've taken a bunch of pictures, so I'll post as many as I can to give you a photo update of the past month or so!
I went back to work on September 8th, it was the saddest day ever! I cried for about 4 hours straight at work, and then spent the next 4 looking at the clock. Drop off was really hard, it was busy at the daycare and I just didn't want to leave him. I think that a mother's intuition kicked in because I just felt like something wasn't right with leaving him there. I knew it was supposed to be hard on me, but I couldn't shake this gut feeling that I NEEDED to get him out of there. As it turns out, after 2.5 days the provider told me that it wasn't working out (for her), and that I would probably need to find a new place. This was actually a relief to me, for some reason, because I just needed greater peace of mind about leaving him with someone. I needed a situation where I knew he got a lot of attention and cuddling, because that is what I could give him if I was home. Thankfully, we found just the place right away and Eli is doing so much better!
Over the past month or so since last posting Eli has gone through a huge growth spurt. He went from sleeping through the night to waking up hungry several times a night. I would bring him to bed and nurse as much as he wanted. It took a few weeks, but I think his growth spurt is over and he's sleeping well again. Thank goodness, I was starting to get that tired at 8am feeling I remember somewhat hazily from that first month.
As far as what Eli is up to....he's grabbing everything and putting anything he can find in his mouth! He is getting really strong and is starting to want to roll onto his sides (but not over yet). He probably doesn't get as much tummy time as he should, but a few minutes here and there is working and he's improving a lot on his ability to hold his head up. He wants to sit up and watch everything, he's just not content with laying around unless he's got toys in his hands and can roll to the side to watch whatever is going on. He jabbers, squeals, blows bubbles, and this morning Marc informed me (while I was in the shower) that he giggled!!! I can't wait to hear his laugh, I hope he does it again sometime soon!
Some other likes:
- bath....loves bath. We have a book that can go in the water and he kicks in excitement when he looks at it
- nursing...still loves to nurse. He's getting very strong and on the weekends I only need to pump in the morning and night because he does the rest!
- Napping with mom
- Sitting in your lap and playing with toys
- Watching his mobile in his crib
- Looking in the mirror at himself
- Watching Wilson walk around
- Toys in the swing
- When we sing to him
- Cuddling, being held, anything where you're touching him
- Tummy time
- When I clean his nose
- Being held by anyone but mom if I'm in the room
- Loud, busy places
- Being too hot
I've taken a bunch of pictures, so I'll post as many as I can to give you a photo update of the past month or so!

1 comment:
i love reading your updates. i'm sure it was hard to leave him but i'm glad you've found a solution that's working for the family and that Eli is happier now (and you, too, i hope!).
Post a Comment