It seems like no one in our family is huge on taking pictures, and the fact that we have about 2 random family shots of the 3 of us goes to prove that! So, we took Eli for a quick family portrait and MAN is he a different baby with the photographer than he was two months ago. He has major stranger anxiety and getting him to smile was like pulling teeth! In fact, the first time we went he just cried so we had to re-schedule. Since the pictures didn't turn out overly great we didn't spring for the photo rights, so here are a few copyrighted pictures to tease you with.
Thanks! For a few weeks now, it got curly while I was pregnant (yes, that happens to some people I guess!) and straightening my hair was too time consuming so I needed a style that let me be my new curly self.
Travel outside the continental U.S. (no U.S. territories).
Go to Anita’s Mexican restaurant in Wickenburg, AZ again.
Find/travel to a place that does olive oil tasting and do that.
Go on an adventure with Lisa.
Go on a trip with my parents and have a GOOD time!
Visit a winery.
Fly first class.(Done 2/17/08 on my way to Philadelphia)
Fully immerse myself in Lake Superior (I must be crazy).
Visit a state I’ve never been to (I have been to a lot of them). Texas
Wellness/Sports
Get buff.
Get a facial.
Be as physically flexible as I was in high school.
Get a teeth guard to keep from grinding them.
Wear my retainer once a week for 2 months consecutively. (5/8)
See a dermatologist for skin cancer screening (done Nov 27th, 2007).
Walk 3 days/week for 20+ mins. for a month.
Get a bike rack on my car and go biking at least 3 days a week during an entire summer.
Visit New Orleans again, mainly for the food.
Par (or better) 9 holes of golf (not in one round, obviously).
Try skate skiing.
See the dermatologist about eradicating cystic acne from my life FOREVER! (done Nov 27th, 2007).
Gain 10 pounds and still look good! (does pregnancy count?)
Take up road biking.
Get an adjustment from the chiropractor.
Take a multivitamin every day for 2 weeks. (~10/14 - I don't believe in taking daily multivitamins, after further contemplation)
Just for Fun
Put change in someone’s expired parking meter.
Compliment a stranger.
Complete a 1,000 piece puzzle in 2 days.
Watch some Charlie Brown when it’s on during the holidays.
Write a children’s book.
Buy a lottery ticket.
Take a photograph every day for a month and scrapbook it.
Pretend the power is out for an evening.
Send a message in a bottle.
Play hooky once.
Buy a 50/50 ticket at a MTU Hockey game.
Professional
Get paid what I’m worth, a promotion, or a better job.
Stay late one night at work and completely clean out my email. (done. 2/22/08)
Get business cards.
Enjoy work for a day. (done. the entire week 10/22/07-10/26/07, managed my first large sampling and survey event)
Food/Drink
Learn to make at least 1 killer Thai and Indian dish that Marc will request on occasion. (Thai - check!)
Make Bread Pudding with Bourbon Sauce.
Fill a binder with tried and true recipes, and to-be-tried ones.
Cook my way through an entire magazine or cookbook (appealing recipes only).
Have a new eating experience, such as blind tasting.
Try a new cuisine.(does SUSHI count? 2/20/08)
Grow something I can eat, besides a herb.
Things to Read/Watch
Go to the movies alone.
Read 10 books for pleasure. (1/10/08 1. Suze Orman "Women and Money", 3/16/08 2.the Secret)
Watch 5 of my favorite children’s movies.
Watch a favorite movie in a foreign language. (10/27/07, "The Breakup" - In French)
Watch 5 documentaries I haven’t already seen.
Read all the Harry Potter books, separate from my 10 for pleasure. (10/29/07-Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone, 10/30/07 - The Chamber of Secrets, 11/1/07 - The Prisoner of Azkaban, The Goblet of Fire - in progress)
Have a Lord of the Rings marathon on a rainy day.
Finance
See a financial planner and get my crap straight.(done. 3/12/08)
Retire one major debt. (done 11.2007. private school loan #1 paid!!!!)
Zero credit card debt for 6 months.
Record every penny I spend for a week.
Friends/Family
Make a new friend in the Houghton area who lives here permanently too.
Build a contacts list of my friends.
Send out xmas cards to my new contact list.
Plead with my parents to quit smoking and hope I succeed. (working relentlessly on this one, now that 3rd hand smoke is proven!)
Host a party, complete with hors d oeuvres and drinks, elaborate invitations, with some sort of theme and invite lots of friends/family.
Make a family tree and distribute to family members for a keepsake.
Make a mixed CD for a friend and mail it as a surprise.
Go to Bleacher’s trivia with Marc and some friends.
Cook dinner for my parents.
Attack a huge chore as a team and celebrate as a team (with Marc and/or others)
Hobbies
Brush up on my piano skills.
Make (or begin) a quilt. (have picked a pattern and calculated materials needed 10/21/07)
Use some cast-off clothing of mine on my quilt.
House/Home
Buy a house.
Start a portfolio of elements for my dream house. (I already have my dream house).
Take inventory of personal property for insurance purposes.
Compile emergency supplies for home with a fire escape ladder.
Find a way to donate used clothes to something other than GoodWill or St. Vinnie’s.
Sell, donate, or toss 101 items.
De-clutter every room in my home.
Make my own piece of unique artwork and feature in my home.
Learn how to banish kitchen odors.
Things with Marc
Get married. (June 08)
Take Marc to a piano bar on his birthday and have him serenaded.
Start a tradition with Marc.
Send Marc on a scavenger hunt he will enjoy.
Stay overnight at a bed n breakfast with Marc. (June 08)
Environmentally Friendly Things
Plant 101 trees.
Fill my first house with only EnergyStar appliances.
Use shopping bags instead of “paper or plastic” on a regular basis.
Hang a birdfeeder.
Helping Others
Volunteer 5 times for 1 hour each.
Donate blood when/if I weigh enough to do so.
Donate hair to locks of love.
Personal Challenges
Publish this list to my blog. (done 10/17/07)
Update my blog daily for a month.
Teach myself Italian or French at a beginner/intermediate level.
Keep a personal journal (complete after 100 blog entries).
Go a day without saying anything sarcastic.
Inspire someone else to start a 101 in 1001 list. (1/23/08 - Thanks IDA!)
Refrain from cursing for a week.
Keep the interior of my car clean and junk-free for two weeks.(done late Feb-early March 08)
3 comments:
Jen - I love the short hair!! When did you do that?
Thanks! For a few weeks now, it got curly while I was pregnant (yes, that happens to some people I guess!) and straightening my hair was too time consuming so I needed a style that let me be my new curly self.
i love the one with the three of you and him snuggling into you. and love the hair!
Post a Comment