Last year around this time I had this inate or natural urge to be buying books, checking my class schedule, partying with friends, in other words celebrating that start of yet another torturous, money sucking, yet fun school year. After so many years of that fall routine, I have to say it was tough to realize that I was in the "real world" and it just wasn't happening.
This year, however, last time I checked, I am quite relieved to go on with my un-interrupted boring daily work activities. Funny how things change in 365 days. The thought of partaking in orientation week, for those of you who don't know - this is the week long drinking extravaganza prelude to the school year, which the university attempts to disguise as an educational experience for incoming freshmen - (ah, sweet, fun memories of being 18 and uninhibited) only makes me feel old as I would be forced compare myself to all the crazy youngins who probably would NOT wake up looking and feeling like hell the day after a party! And that's not fun at all! I must be "over it". Can't wait to see how I feel about it in another year.
So the big news is........
I CUT MY HAIR. Not short or anything, but I got bangs. And a serious head of highlights. If you'll be here for labor day weekend, you'll have to check me out. I have to say I'm happy with the new look.
I hope everyone had an excellent weekend! And if you're in the midwest and have been seeing storms and flooding, I hope (and trust) that you're safe, dry, and sound wherever you are :)
August 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment