First of all ---CONGRATULATIONS EMILY on nailing yourself a big girl job!!! I'm so happy for you!
WWYD (what would you do?)
Remember how I was saying that I was up for a re-review? Truth be told, this is because they denied me a raise in June (I got the inflation raise everyone gets) and wanted to focus on the quality of my work for another quarter. Okay okay. So, my manager and boss admit at my review last week that the real problem is that I'm severely underchallenged and underutilized. They've realized this for over a year, I'm begging for work constantly. What's going through my mind is "so how is that my fault, and why am I being penalized financially for that?" So what do they do to solve that problem? - - Challenge me to challenge myself. Yes, they gave me two more weeks (raise-less) to figure out what I am going to be the "go-to" woman for in Michigan Operations. 'Cmon folks. Is this fair? What would you do? I'm strugging to just dive into this. Time is ticking and I need a raise. Bad.
Nothing much new to report except that I think I'm getting sick, which happens at this time of the year, every year, due to allergies and bugs Marc drags home with him. He always seems to catch a bug at the start of the school year from one of his students, and I'm the one who usually ends up with the illness. He says that kids will spit in the trash cans, sneeze, or rub their runny noses on their hands, use all the equipment, and then grab the class room door knob on the way out. Disgusting!!! How can high school students have such poor hygiene? I told him to strategically place wipes and sanitizing hand lotion, but knowing him after he nodded that it was a good idea he just never did it. ;)
Oh, and I can't wait to start working on re-finishing this dresser set my parents brought from my grandma's house. Except, someone has pad-locked the garage where I'm storing them. It's one thing after another no matter where I'm renting. Reason number 19283464 to buy a house:)
So glad it's almost Wednesday. Then it will almost be Friday:)
September 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment