Lilypie

February 15, 2009

Introducing...WILSON!

As I have aluded to in the past, I wanted a puppy - and we finally got one. And a special little dog she is...let me tell you. I could start a whole blog dedicated to daily stories about her antics, things she does to make me laugh, cry, or get herself sent to the glue factory.

Starting from the beginning. I found a website in July for a breeder in western Wisconsin, and their puppies were just what I was looking for. I called the breeder up and spoke to her about the temperament of her dogs, etc. and decided that we would send in a deposit for the litter that was due in mid September. I did just that, and 3 little girls were born and we were given first priority. I fell in love with this little black and white tri colored puppy, she was just so cute. And so we got her, named her Wilson, and picked her up from the breeder on our way home from my last trip to Texas for work, in November.

Getting Wilson has put an end to silence and relaxation in our lives, I suppose good preparation for what is to come in June. :) Let's just say that the docile family dog that was described to me by the breeder has yet to emerge from our dog's persona. There is nothing but piss and vinegar running through Wilson's veins. Funny enough, I love her anyways.

From here on I'll try to share some stories about her. Sometimes I want to barf when I think about her angry-poop-moments. Nothing like blowdrying your hair, and then breathing hot air smelling of the worst kind of poo in the world, and then having to clean up not one but 3 large turd piles (when she has already gone outside 1 hour before) in the bedroom just because she's angry that I'm taking too long to get ready. This has happened more than once. How about how it took her more than 2 weeks to sleep at night without someone laying on the floor by her kennel or she would screech and bark, the kind of noise that makes people homicidal? During which time I had the worst morning sickness imaginable. How about how her favorite activities are shredding - everything in sight. From kitchen rugs to books, to anything truly inedible, this dog wants to shred and eat it. We've bonded, me and Wilson.

In truth, she is going to be a great dog, someday. She does have a great personality, she's beautiful, and a slow but dilligent learner because she just DOESN'T FORGET. She also DOESN'T really care either about the rules or the word NO even though I have already told her 100 times, which is sassy but true - she's smarter than she looks. She has entered the doggy teen years, and she tests me on a hourly basis.



I love her to pieces.8 weeks old


Asleep with the boots, on the rug that she has since shredded and destroyed.




Stuck underneath the t.v. stand trying to get her ball. Instead of helping her get out, I ran and got the camera. Last attempt ever at fitting underneath there.

Cuddling with my dad on the couch, thanks for starting a battle I'll never win, dad.

Looking like she has been up to something, or will be.








No comments: