Lilypie

February 23, 2009

For you Alauna

Here is my pre-3rd trimester update! I don't think the photo shows very much change since 20 and 24 weeks, but I know for sure that I am getting larger because I've outgrown all of my winter coats in the past week. The baby is very LOW, so I think that is why change is less obvious. I have read that the baby being so low means good and bad things: the good - labor and delivery may be quicker and easier; the bad: labor and delivery may come sooner than it should. We'll see what the doctor thinks as I move into the 3rd trimester.



Time is flying and our little guy is growing and getting more active. I think I have gone past the point of feeling the best in my pregnancy without even knowing it. By that I mean, I'm feeling pretty great, but the aches and pains are starting, and I also tire more easily (I never really felt any surge of energy so that is why I was waiting around to feel the best yet). So, other than needing a back rub and a nap I can't really complain! Well, I suppose our grocery bill could be less, but I eat so much! I need to fill our fridge with the essentials - fruit, veggies, milk, meat, and ice cream.

As I mentioned, the baby moves more than ever right now, and I suppose he will be running out of room soon so I'll let it slide. Anyone who waits long enough is sure to feel him move. We regularly see him kick and maneuver in there, even see my whole belly shift if he rolls over or kicks hard. Sometimes I can tell that a part is sticking out because my tummy looks lopsided, and when he sticks his parts out I can definitely feel them distinctly. I don't mind all the movement anymore, and always look forward to feeling it especially before bed and in the morning before I get up. I purposely toss and turn in the morning to "wake" him so I know he's doing well. The doctor says that an active baby is a healthy baby, so the more activity the better, right?

According to what I read, he can hear us now, so I should start talking to him, reading books, and even finding music that may soothe him. My mom has lots of my favorite children's books dug out so once they air out a bit I am looking forward to entertaining the both of us with them.

I am getting more urges to get that nursery going. We have our crib ordered and have our registries started. I am starting to think about things we will need or want for the baby. I got some paint swatches and we plan to paint as soon as we can move things into the basement - which we are in the process of finishing. I will put up photos of that when there is something interesting to view.

I think I found us a day care, with a referral from my coworker. It is a small home daycare in Houghton, about 6 kids total. We're meeting the lady this week, hopefully, and she doesn't take deposits or anything, but if she likes us and vise versa, then our boy can start going there around labor day. I'm already sad about leaving him somewhere.

That's about it for now. Just waiting around for nicer weather so I can get more active!!!




2 comments:

alauna said...

you look amazing! i can't wait to see nursery pictures :)

Stephanie said...

Awe hun you look so cute! I miss you. Im glad to see that baby Nutini is doing so well. And holy cow you cut your hair its looks awesome:)