Lilypie

June 4, 2009

The Latest News on 'Edward Scissorhands'

The latest news is that there is no news:) He's still hanging out in there. I started calling him Edward Scissorhands because it feels like he's got razor blades attached to his finger tips....a little uncomfortable.
The third trimester finally caught up to me. In the past few days I've gone from being decently content with being pregnant to feeling generally crappy and ready to have this over with. I felt like I was getting the flu for a few days - just tired, sore, crampy, headache, etc. and then yesterday I woke up with swollen ankles (normally they are a little puffy at night but fine all day)...and over the course of the day my right one swelled up WAY more than the left. Weird, and uncomfortable to walk. Overall, I feel lucky that it took 38.5 weeks for that to happen!
My doctor's appointment today went pretty well, depending on how you view it. I'm still totally healthy and the baby is doing great. Which puts me in the "see you in a week" category rather than the "let's have this baby now" column. We decided (because I got the option this time) not to check to see if I was progressing - mostly because it really doesn't mean anything in most cases and I just don't feel inclined to know.
My next appointment is June 12th - next Friday. Will I still be waddling around then? Perhaps...
There is a full moon this weekend - maybe that will spark something:)
But on the other hand, Marc has asked me to "hold the baby off" until sometime next week, when he may possibly have the fence up. He's working SO HARD on getting it up as fast as he can, but our yard is a boulder field, so he's hitting rocks everywhere. Poor guy's hands and arms are killing him, plus he has to carry those 6'x8' sections of fence on his own and then hang them too without help.
I know I owe him BIG TIME for all his hard work on the basement and fence. Thank you Marc!

No comments: