Lilypie

May 22, 2009

Rough week...

Its been a challenging and unfortunate week or so in our household. Mostly Wilson is the source of the challenges. While training classes go very well, behavior around the house has improved minimally. Besides general naughtiness like random chewing of shoes that she normally would ignore (mine, the only pair that fit my feet - newly chewed thankyouverymuch), and getting into any trash can or open closet, we had a more tragic event. Example: random chewing of computer charge cord(s). One she did chew as a puppy, and while intact, it just only worked selectively so we got rid of it. Following months of our morning getting-ready ritual, when chewing of cords or anything for that matter has never been a problem, Wilson disappeared under the bed with my charge cord and shredded it. This was sad because not only are charge cords expensive, but then we had 1 cord for 3 computers. It was a juggling act for a few days considering my computer has a 5-minute battery life. While we waited for our new cord to arrive, we realized that someone accidentally purchased it with paypal using a bank account that we don't actually use, causing an overdraft. Fun.

Let's see about example two. A few days ago we had Wilson over at Marc's parent's house. She ran off and Marc caught her eating something that looked like poo. We weren't worried. After a night of whining in the kennel (which she NEVER does anymore) we should have been clued in that something was wrong. The next day at lunch, as I opened the front door to let our assessor in (we are refinancing), I was stunned by the most awful smell ever. Sure enough, Wilson had an episode of the most awful explosive diarrhea ever. This is a dog that NEVER soiled her crate even as a baby puppy, and likes it clean in there. In her attempt to keep the mess out of her kennel, I am sure you can imagine that she backed up to the kennel door to keep it OUT of her space....on my carpet. It was ugly. It was everywhere - on her, the dog bed, crate door, carpet....poor girl was SICK! I took her outside, where she started bleeding. I freaked out, began crying, and rushed her to the vet, of course, and they took her for a few hours to calm her system down and find out what was wrong (and kindly washed her off). She is all better now, besides recoverying on a very bland diet and taking anti-virals and antibiotics. We think she was actually eating something dead/diseased. Marc came home from work right away to help clean up and take care of Wilson whens she came home so I could go back to work because I had already taken 2 hours from work. Isn't he awesome!?!

Well, being almost 37 weeks pregnant and carrying all my weight in the front, I am pretty clumsy and generally can't walk Wilson unless she is being especially good. In my rush to get her to the vet I seem to have pulled a groin muscle or something in my very low belly area. It's not comfy - now I am even slower and more pathetic than before (if that is possible) haha. It is a nice excuse to never get out of the chair. Marc is taking good care of me:)

On the baby front, things are continuing to "happen". Although my doctor didn't check me, she says that the increased strength and frequency of contractions means that my body is well on its way to having a baby. Coming up soon!

Sorry no pictures this time, I will post a 37 week photo sometime after Sunday:)

1 comment:

alauna said...

oh, no! i'm sorry it's been rough. our pup ate a dead bird last summer and was sick for two weeks with similar issues...and we were out of town with friends watching the dogs. super fun for them! i provided rubber gloves, soap and gift cards...

little did we know he was also given the wrong medicine and was sick an extra week.

i hope things get better...and of course with baby rapidly on the way, how could they not?