Well, I'm in the lucky 10% of people who are allergic to sulfa drugs -which I found out the hard way last night! As I said, my dermatologist prescribed me Septra, which is a sulfa drug, and I took my first dose last night. About 2 hours later the skin inside my mouth, including cheeks, gums, and corners of my mouth SWELLED thick and started tingling, my tongue felt like I had been chewing on it for a few days. Then I broke out in a bumpy rash on my tummy. And there is one other unpleasant side effect of an antibiotic that kicked in, but I'm not going to talk about it!
So, I went to the ER around 10:15pm because I was worried it would get worse and they gave me a strong antihistamine that needs to be taken every 6 hours and makes me very sleepy. I'm awake now to eat breakfast and call in sick whenever my boss gets in the office. I was hoping I would be back to normal this morning, but I'm still pretty swollen and feeling rather uncomfortable.
I'm a little frustrated about this because this was supposed to be the wonder drug to get rid of all my problems. I will obviously try to find another alternative.
Okay back to laying around:)
So, I went to the ER around 10:15pm because I was worried it would get worse and they gave me a strong antihistamine that needs to be taken every 6 hours and makes me very sleepy. I'm awake now to eat breakfast and call in sick whenever my boss gets in the office. I was hoping I would be back to normal this morning, but I'm still pretty swollen and feeling rather uncomfortable.
I'm a little frustrated about this because this was supposed to be the wonder drug to get rid of all my problems. I will obviously try to find another alternative.
Okay back to laying around:)

No comments:
Post a Comment