Lilypie

November 28, 2007

Snow Snow and More Snow

Ugh. It started snowing Monday night and hasn't really stopped yet. Even though it's the end of November I wasn't as prepared for that as I should be. All my winter gear is still in rubbermaid bins in Marc's storage room, except the pair of down mittens I grabbed yesterday at lunch. It seems like yesterday it was summer here. Tonight I have plans to get all that stuff out and put it away in my apartment. It will clutter things up in there a lot, but at least I'll be warm when I go outside. I think every year I get more of a dislike for being cold. No tolerance right now!
Yesterday I had a Dermatologist appointment in Rhinelander, WI. Marc had a snow day from school so he went with me, which was good because I felt safe in the somewhat treacherous driving conditions in Michigan. Once we got to Wisconsin everything was beautiful, of course! My appointment went pretty well. The doctor didn't like a mole on my leg so he removed it for a biopsy. I will find out in 11-14 days what the results of that are. I'm relieved to have it gone, it turned black sometime last spring and has made me nervous ever since. I didn't watch it get removed, but I think it left a hole. Other than that, the appointment was to discuss treatment options for the ongoing problem I have with nodular cystic acne. It's not as bad and disfiguring as it was in highschool, but I get them frequently enough that it causes a problem. He put me on the toughest antibiotic out there for it, which means I have to do lab blood tests occasionally to make sure there aren't any adverse effects. I am hopeful that things will be under control and I don't get sick from the meds.
Then last night we stopped home to see my family and had dinner with them. We helped my Dad set up his new Wii in the basement. They are lucky to get one because ever since my Dad played with mine last spring they have been trying to get one with no luck. Earlier this fall I ran to Walmart around 10:00 on a weekday to drop off some photos for work and there was one in the case so picked it up for them. I hope everyone has fun using it!
Thanks for the great dinner Mom, it was nice of you to go out of your way to make a meal for everyone on a weeknight! It was great seeing everyone :)

No comments: