You might be sensing a pattern here in my life. Several crazy days followed by a few predictably uneventful weeks. I don't really mind it, but it makes blogging a little monotonous. Marc enjoys the predictability of it...he's way into comfort in all areas of life. Right now he's not feeling very well, he thinks he's caught the flu or a cold, so he's considering a sick day for tomorrow. I'm keeping my distance.
I mean, I haven't been completely lame...only in my personal life. Work has been crazy busy. Last week I put over 1,000 miles on a rental car - a total of 16 hours in the car over the course of 4 days. I really liked the rental car, it was a Toyota Rav4 Sport. Lots of power, good handling, decent gas mileage, I was sad to take it back. As soon as I got back in the office I got a huge task - a bunch of data tabulation, of course my boss wanted it done the day before he assigned it. Yet another boring life task, but I get paid and it makes the days go by fast. I spent part of Sunday working on that and I worked like a machine today, so I'm pleased with my production!
Like I said, my personal life is pretty lame, I'm a slacker friend and boring daughter these days. Are you ever so bored that you can't even bring yourself to pick up the phone? It's a poor excuse to not take the time to find out what is going on in other people's lives. That's the sad part. I do miss my friends a lot though. This happens every year around the time the days get shorter, the weather turns to complete rubbish. I turn into a recluse. I cook things, I read books, I watch wayy too much television when what I should be doing is preparing for the holidays, keeping up with friends and family, etc. Time to snap out of this!!!! Any suggestions on how to do that?
We are under a winter storm warning today, the first of the season. It snowed briefly today, but it is just mostly rainy and windy, hovering around 40 degrees. Like I said, Rubbish! Today when I came home from the grocery store I asked myself the question I do all winter long, "Why do I live here?"
I hope everyone has a good week! I'll keep you posted when my mood turns up:)
I mean, I haven't been completely lame...only in my personal life. Work has been crazy busy. Last week I put over 1,000 miles on a rental car - a total of 16 hours in the car over the course of 4 days. I really liked the rental car, it was a Toyota Rav4 Sport. Lots of power, good handling, decent gas mileage, I was sad to take it back. As soon as I got back in the office I got a huge task - a bunch of data tabulation, of course my boss wanted it done the day before he assigned it. Yet another boring life task, but I get paid and it makes the days go by fast. I spent part of Sunday working on that and I worked like a machine today, so I'm pleased with my production!
Like I said, my personal life is pretty lame, I'm a slacker friend and boring daughter these days. Are you ever so bored that you can't even bring yourself to pick up the phone? It's a poor excuse to not take the time to find out what is going on in other people's lives. That's the sad part. I do miss my friends a lot though. This happens every year around the time the days get shorter, the weather turns to complete rubbish. I turn into a recluse. I cook things, I read books, I watch wayy too much television when what I should be doing is preparing for the holidays, keeping up with friends and family, etc. Time to snap out of this!!!! Any suggestions on how to do that?
We are under a winter storm warning today, the first of the season. It snowed briefly today, but it is just mostly rainy and windy, hovering around 40 degrees. Like I said, Rubbish! Today when I came home from the grocery store I asked myself the question I do all winter long, "Why do I live here?"
I hope everyone has a good week! I'll keep you posted when my mood turns up:)

No comments:
Post a Comment