Thank goodness, I feel like I'm getting back to normal. My moodiness translated over to parts of the weekend, but today I feel like my normal happy go lucky self. Yay!
The weekend was pretty fun. Friday night, hmm must not have been that special because I don't remember anything cool about it, but Saturday morning I woke up around 9:30 and called Marc to see what his plans were. The weather was supposed to be crappy so I was expecting him to say the usual "nothing." But, he wanted to go to Marquette to do some xmas shopping and see his brother. Now, don't get the idea that Marc wanted to spend quality time with me so he wanted to take me to Marquette. Here is how the conversation went, and I'll let you tell me if you get what I mean by that... :)
Jen: what are your plans for today? I don't really have any besides watching t.v.
Marc: hmm nothing really, want to go to Marquette? We could do some shopping and Jeff has been asking me to visit for a while now and watch the Packer game with him.
Jen: well that sounds great, I could do some xmas shopping, but i'm not interested in staying overnight at Jeff's apartment.
Marc: My mom and sister are in Marquette shopping today too...
Jen:? (thinking) will they be returning to Hancock tonight?
Marc: yep
Jen: (seeing where this is going and deciding to throw him a bone) Well maybe I could come home with your mom and Amy and you could stay over at Jeff's and watch the Packer game with him tomorrow.
Marc: Can you be ready to leave in an hour?
Haha, it was definitely a manipulative moment on his part, but it's wasn't that bad of a deal for me either. And I really can't complain because we had a beautiful day together. We shopped together and for each other (well me for him) and laughed a lot. It was a good time. I was sad to say goodbye for the evening.
I got a full Canadian Tuxedo for 20% off in Marquette. For those of you who don't speak Yooper, that is a full set of Carh#arts for work. Work paid for them, huge plus. I really like what I got. The jacket is so me: it has a sherpa fleece lining with a hood. My pants are really too long but I am going to figure that out before I wear them again. Today the bottoms got soaked and muddy!!!
The other fun news is that I may be crossing off a number of things on my "To Do" list very soon. My boss may be sending me to Philly again for a course! It is always on my "to do" list to go visit Stephanie:) What might put the icing on the cake is if I can convince them to fly me out there a little early, let me take a vacation day one of the days I'm gone, and work remotely from the office out there for one day....and I might get to spend a day in NYC!!! I think that is the #1 thing on my list right now: visiting NYC at xmas!!! I am so excited about this possible opportunity I might pee my pants. A free ticket to NYC!!! Priceless. Anyways, I still have a lot of people to convince that this is financially good for the company and to let me "bend" their travel policy but in any event, it won't cost them a penny more to send me 4 days early than to rush me around at the last minute.
I am crossing my fingers, praying, and I hope you do the same for me!
Anyways, the only sad news right now is that I won't be making it home for Thanksgiving. I think this is my 2nd time ever not spending Thanksgiving with my family, and seeing that is it my all-time favorite holiday of the year I'm especially sad about it. But, I have great company in Marc's family and I won't go hungry or be alone. It is unfortunate, but this is all dictated by a pre-scheduled dermatology appointment in Rhinelander and a work trip (15-hour day in the car) the week after that make it difficult for me to afford to drive to Wisconsin 2 times in a 5-day period at $3.25/gallon in a SUV. It's just too much...
Is anyone else getting excited to decorate a Christmas tree? We will have ours at Marc's again this year. His apartment has much more room than mine for one. I can't wait!
The weekend was pretty fun. Friday night, hmm must not have been that special because I don't remember anything cool about it, but Saturday morning I woke up around 9:30 and called Marc to see what his plans were. The weather was supposed to be crappy so I was expecting him to say the usual "nothing." But, he wanted to go to Marquette to do some xmas shopping and see his brother. Now, don't get the idea that Marc wanted to spend quality time with me so he wanted to take me to Marquette. Here is how the conversation went, and I'll let you tell me if you get what I mean by that... :)
Jen: what are your plans for today? I don't really have any besides watching t.v.
Marc: hmm nothing really, want to go to Marquette? We could do some shopping and Jeff has been asking me to visit for a while now and watch the Packer game with him.
Jen: well that sounds great, I could do some xmas shopping, but i'm not interested in staying overnight at Jeff's apartment.
Marc: My mom and sister are in Marquette shopping today too...
Jen:? (thinking) will they be returning to Hancock tonight?
Marc: yep
Jen: (seeing where this is going and deciding to throw him a bone) Well maybe I could come home with your mom and Amy and you could stay over at Jeff's and watch the Packer game with him tomorrow.
Marc: Can you be ready to leave in an hour?
Haha, it was definitely a manipulative moment on his part, but it's wasn't that bad of a deal for me either. And I really can't complain because we had a beautiful day together. We shopped together and for each other (well me for him) and laughed a lot. It was a good time. I was sad to say goodbye for the evening.
I got a full Canadian Tuxedo for 20% off in Marquette. For those of you who don't speak Yooper, that is a full set of Carh#arts for work. Work paid for them, huge plus. I really like what I got. The jacket is so me: it has a sherpa fleece lining with a hood. My pants are really too long but I am going to figure that out before I wear them again. Today the bottoms got soaked and muddy!!!
The other fun news is that I may be crossing off a number of things on my "To Do" list very soon. My boss may be sending me to Philly again for a course! It is always on my "to do" list to go visit Stephanie:) What might put the icing on the cake is if I can convince them to fly me out there a little early, let me take a vacation day one of the days I'm gone, and work remotely from the office out there for one day....and I might get to spend a day in NYC!!! I think that is the #1 thing on my list right now: visiting NYC at xmas!!! I am so excited about this possible opportunity I might pee my pants. A free ticket to NYC!!! Priceless. Anyways, I still have a lot of people to convince that this is financially good for the company and to let me "bend" their travel policy but in any event, it won't cost them a penny more to send me 4 days early than to rush me around at the last minute.
I am crossing my fingers, praying, and I hope you do the same for me!
Anyways, the only sad news right now is that I won't be making it home for Thanksgiving. I think this is my 2nd time ever not spending Thanksgiving with my family, and seeing that is it my all-time favorite holiday of the year I'm especially sad about it. But, I have great company in Marc's family and I won't go hungry or be alone. It is unfortunate, but this is all dictated by a pre-scheduled dermatology appointment in Rhinelander and a work trip (15-hour day in the car) the week after that make it difficult for me to afford to drive to Wisconsin 2 times in a 5-day period at $3.25/gallon in a SUV. It's just too much...
Is anyone else getting excited to decorate a Christmas tree? We will have ours at Marc's again this year. His apartment has much more room than mine for one. I can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment