Lilypie

November 11, 2007

Vitamins anyone?

I'll start with a general update before I launch into the question that's been on my mind all day.
I had yet again, another busy work week, and I'm absolutely not complaining. It wasn't entertaining and I didn't drive anywhere, but I did spend about 50 hours since Monday at work (5 hrs were this weekend) glued to my computer. Data management and AutoCAD work are pretty monotonous and boring, but all in all, I'll take that over the sheer boredom I experienced at my job a year ago. Marc did take me out to dinner at Carmelita's, a nice Mexican restaurant, and a MTU hockey game on Saturday evening. It was very nice, and we enjoyed some good conversations and laughs. I like those kinds of nights:)

Besides working, I feel like a servant around my own apartment. Since Thursday...I've:
  • done 8 loads of laundry and put it all away
  • steam pressed 15 pairs of dress pants and hung them up
  • re-potted all my house plants
  • cleaned the entire apt top to bottom
  • grocery shopped, etc....it's normal
  • steamed my mattress, purchased new pillows and shrunk the mattress cover so purchased another of that
The laundry has gotten out of hand because I've been so busy at work. Marc thinks this happens because I have too many pairs of underwear. I guess that is an acceptable interpretation of the problem.

The whole bedding thing is a huge issue I'm dealing with. I CANT STAND the smell of body soil, sweat, or any other STANK coming from a bed. I don't know if that just happens over time to bedding and pillows...but I'm out to eradicate that from my life. That's why all the excessive cleaning of the bedding took place. I always wash things in hot water and use baking soda, etc. I usually shower before bed, and the sheets get changed on a weekly basis. Well, the first night in my newly cleaned bed was awesome. HOWEVER, I smelled it the next day and the smell was back...why oh why do I smell up the bed??? Is there a way to stop this, or is this my sensitive nose causing problems again? I am very disturbed by this. Since no one usually responds to my questions with any suggestions I won't ask and feel good if this makes anyone guilty...but seriously, is this normal???

Kitty is back!! I am very disturbed by this also. I had success about 3 weeks ago getting kitty to the animal shelter. I am absolutely ANGRY that the shelter apparently allowed the owner to take their cat back home after they obviously don't care for it properly. So, kitty is back in my garbage and I'm just so annoyed that I took so much of my time to find the kitty a better home and it ended up in the same situation. Words cannot express...

I think football season is about half over. Thank the little baby Jesus. The man I love will be back to normal again in a 10 weeks or so, and hopefully with some cash in his pockets if he wins his fantasy football leagues. I'm willing to hear him talk football regarding said fantasies, but only if he wins:) Anyways, I'm coping with things much better this year, although what this means is that we really don't see each other on the weekends. The success of our relationship seems to be proportional to the amount of time we don't spend together during football season...whatever works I suppose.

Finally...the question that's been bugging me over the past few weeks. One thing I've been working on from my list of 101 Things in 1001 days is taking a multivitamin daily for 2 weeks. I've failed horribly at doing this, in fact I stopped counting so that I can update that line in my blog. The idea was to try to form the habit for 2 weeks and start a new healthy life habit. It didn't work out. But it's not so much that I forget but that I don't want to do it - I don't feel compelled. It seems like a good idea, my doctor has suggested I do it....but WHY???

  • Growing children take their Flinstones,
  • pregnant women take prenatal vitamins,
  • the elderly probably toss some down with their other drug cocktails...
but why should someone who is generally healthy like me take one??? In college I associated taking a vitamin with a way to recuperate after a night of binge drinking. Peeing green was a relief that something was helping my body recover. But I digress.....I have been upset and surprised over the past 2 weeks of attempting to take one daily that they still make me pee green. And no, I don't binge drink on a daily basis, or drink anything for that matter - a whole other post as that is a huge life change I've recently made. I think I eat pretty healthy, but apparently the vitamin just makes it way out of my body immediately in a green stream....so why bother with this? Can anyone explain why you take your One-A-Day? I don't see any merit in it...at least at this point in my life.

Now I'm going to go shower before my Sunday night treat of Desperate Housewives and Brothers&Sisters. And I'm going to love every second of it:) Check back later for more updates...

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hey there. Well First i take a multi vitamin, and i think it has actually given me some morning much needed energy. And i know i felt like while taking being pregnant everything felt healthier so i figured why not conitnue for my own benifit not jsut for the benifit of my porterbear;)

Then I too have a sensitive nose and i as well change sheets on a very regular basis. I as well can not get into be without a shower or at least a nightly rinse off. Because i dont want the days crap in my bed. Although my guy seems to hate night showers so its a losing situation unless i stay on my own side!!

On another note I miss you - lets go to nyc soon again!!